I just made this. It's yummy and so easy, so I will share the recipe with you.
Poor Man's Toffee
1 sleeve saltines/soda crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Arrange crackers in single layer on a 10x15 inch pan that has sides.
4. Pour mixture evenly over the crackers. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot mixture, spreading when melted. (Sorry, no photo for this last part!)
6. Let cool, cut into squares while still slightly warm, following crackers as a guide. Or break apart into pieces.
7. Try not to eat it all at once. :)