Monday, June 18, 2007

Dutch Mothers, Disc Golf, Bellisfair and a Birthday Party

As you can probably tell from the title of this post, I had a wonderfully busy Saturday. Drooler and his family came over on Friday night to play games and help us eat our Poor Man's Toffee. As of this morning when I packed The Mr's lunches for work, there are only about 6 pieces left out of the entire pan!

On Saturday morning Drooler's family woke up early (for a Saturday) to pick up D's Mommy's sister Joanne from the airport in Bellingham at 9. After that, we all met up with Mr. and Mrs. Crazy Hair Dude (R and C) for a scrumptious breakfast at Dutch Mothers Bakery in Lynden. It was as good as ever, and even better because we were with such a large group. I ordered the same thing I always do- a 1/2 Dutch Fry. Their portions are so huge that even ordering a 1/2 version leaves me with leftovers. A Dutch Fry consists of cubed roasted potatoes, ham, cheese and eggs all mixed together. I should try to make it at home, because it is my favorite breakfast food. Lynden is such a fun town and has a very homey feeling. If anyone comes to this area of WA, we always make sure to try and take them to Lynden. After a bit of antique shopping, we headed over to Bellingham, stopping for Crusin' Coffee shakes on the way. Their espresso hard icecream milkshake is the best ever.

We went to Bellisfair mall to pick out birthday presents for Katie and played a round of disc golf at Cornwall Park. It was a lot of fun, with the gift shopping almost becoming as much as a competition as the disc golf. The mall was swamped with shoppers and our minds were blank of ideas, but we all came away with nice girly gifts. We arrived down at Katie's house just a few minutes past 4 pm and the birthday party was just getting started. The guys took off to go play more disc golf (but this time at the Lake Stevens course) and eventually went out for dinner since the birthday party was for girls only. (Ha ha - you boys really missed out!) There was potato salad, veggies and dip, yummy organic meats BBQ'd on a grate over the fire, with all the hotdog and hamburger trimmings and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Everything tasted so fresh and good.

We jumped on the trampoline, played volleyball and sang around a bonfire until the drizzling rain moved us inside to sing some more, open presents and play board games. I felt like I was 10 again and it was really fun. The L's definitely know how to plan a great party. It was so late by the time we arrived back at home, but as I sunk into my nice soft bed and pulled the fluffy covers around me I sighed and thought to myself how extremely blessed we are that we have so many great friends and great shared moments with them.


Click on the album below to read the captions.

June 16/07 weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, thank you!