Monday, March 12, 2012

Big A turns 2!

On Friday night we attended a monkey themed birthday bash for Little Mr.'s buddy—his cousin Big A! His mommy (Grace) made it so much fun with decorations and monkey themed decor all over the house. The front door was decorated really cute and when you walked in you were met with helium balloons floating around the room which made for a very fun atmosphere.


Curious George and Five Little Monkey's books joined yellow and blue blocks, duplo and bananas for a cute monkey display.


Balloons!


Blue and yellow candies, (I especially liked the yellow banana ones hiding behind the popcorn) animal crackers, popcorn and peanuts for all the little (and big) monkeys. :)


Lots of gifts!


Little monkeys nibbling.


There were the cutest foam monkeys stuck on the drinking glasses and everyone had a monkey place card.


I should have dressed Little Mr. in his monkey outfit! I didn't even think about it!


Grace made the cake, can you believe it? Isn't this adorable!? There was even little tufts of icing "hair" at the top.




Opening gifts.




A lot of boy things! Trucks, trains, cars, farm duplo set, tool kit etc. So fun!

Thanks for the fun evening Sallad and Grace, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Big A!!! Today is his real birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cake, Grace! Super cute party too. And happy birthday today Big A! With the batch of two year olds we have running around now we could be in big trouble : ) Or in for a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the note about my comment setup. A couple weeks ago, I noticed something was different and I didn't really like it, but I thought it might just have been something that blogger had updated. I played around with my settings just now, and I think I put it back the way it used to be, but something still doesn't look right. Let me know if it's back to the way you remember it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I always feel so special when we make it onto your blog! :) :) You got some good photos. Thanks for coming down! That was a fun evening!!! Sorry again for keeping you up so late. We had two more bad nights after that one and so we felt HORRIBLE on Monday but today we're doing better. It's fun at the time but you pay for it later when little munchkins wake you up early. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!