Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Irises

I am enjoying my Irises so much right now so I thought I would take some pictures and share them. I got them from Isobel McCoy sometime right after we moved into this house two years ago. She was planning to move and wanted to share the bulbs with anyone who would like them. I took a plastic bag full and they sat in the garage for quite a while until I finally put them in the ground, thinking they might have died. That May I was surprised to see that I had at least 6 blooms on the three different bunches I had planted. Well this year, it's a completely different story. Each clump has at least tripled in size, and I have over 20 blooms right now, with more to come. They are so pretty. It has been neat to see the different colors that I have. The light blues and yellows didn't bloom last year, so they were a nice surprise.

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I only have some lavender ones with yellow centers. Although some haven't bloomed yet. I am now hoping they are different! Yours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say thank you, but they are God's masterpieces! I agree that they are pretty, they are like outdoor-easy care orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I wish I had a little plot of dirt to plant flowers, herbs etc... I may attempt a flower box on the balcony.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!