Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hatchlings!

I am so excited. I knew that there were several Mallard duck pairs making our pond their home, but I didn't expect to see hatchlings this early! I noticed a lot of little ripples along the edge of the pond today, and on closer examination, seven little newborn ducklings! I think they are the smallest I have ever seen. The photo quality is really bad because I wanted to stay out of their comfort zone, and they are fast. :)



All this talk of ducklings reminds me of this photo:

5 comments:

  1. the place where i have my nursing clinical this quarter has some mallards. today i counted 5 males, 2 females, and a whole bunch of little ones. one of my classmates said that they counted 15 little ducklings on monday when they went there. i took a couple of pics of them yesterday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks for the comment, I think it's your first here at my blog? :) Ducklings are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for leaving a message on my blog. The internet really does connect long lost acquaintances. Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's not the first time that i've been on your blog but it is the first time i've commented :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures here inspired me to stop at the wildlife refuge on my way through to see what I could see: A family of Cdn geese and a pair of birds that I couldn't identify. I'm looking forward to having a set of binoculars to admire Sask. birds.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!