Thursday, May 10, 2012

Little Mr. is ONE!



On Saturday we celebrated our Little Mr. turning one!  It is unbelievable to me that I have a one year old!  I can't imagine life without him.  We are so thankful for him.  Thanks for the family shot K!  (And a few others in this post are hers as well...) 

We threw him a nautical themed birthday party and it was a lot of fun!
 
I added nautical themed scrapbooking papers to the hutch windows since the rose tea cups and crystal didn't really fit with the theme.

Swedish fish are my favorite!

I added some anchors to Little Mr.'s name banner so it would match the nautical theme, and hung it on the dining room wall above his monthly photos.  I posted these "watch me grow" photos from months 1-6 here, and the rest are soon to come.  It was so cool to see how much he has changed in one year.  He was so tiny and now he is turning into a big boy right before my eyes.

There are 13 photos for 12 months because the first one was taken at 2 weeks, and the rest after that were taken monthly.  (Excuse the blurred name on the banner, I edited it out.)

Wrapped napkins complete with "life preservers." I found this idea here, via Pinterest.

We served Bratwurst with all the fixin's as well as fruit, vegetables and dip, chips and home made potato salad.  We weren't quite ready to serve lunch yet when I took this photo, the brats were still on the grill.

We had 28 guests, 11 of which were kids!   I was thankful the day ended up being sunny, because it was nice to be able to use the back yard.


The birthday boy!






My youngest sister K made these cakes, didn't she do a cute job?!  We had two cakes because the smaller one is a gluten-free smash cake for Little Mr.  We had a couple of guests at the party that eat gluten free, as well as myself and Little Mr. so it made sense to have two cakes.  The banner on the smaller cake looks a little funny because I edited Little Mr.'s name off of it. :)


I loved this smash cake for Little Mr.!








When we were done singing happy birthday, and the "1" candle was blown out with some help from his daddy, I took the decorations off of the smash cake and put it on the tray of the highchair and boy did Little Mr. smile!  He knew what to do right away, but was pretty dainty with the first few bites.









The cake had layers of whipped cream and heath bites.  The gluten-free version was made using a Betty Crocker gluten free chocolate cake mix and it turned out really yummy.



Two more babies on their way!  Don't these mommas look cute?
A few of the gifts.  Little Mr. was definitely spoiled on Saturday!




This doggy card "barked" happy birthday.  Definitely a hit!

There were some See Kai Run shoes in that box!  They are so adorable.  His Aunt L has great taste!


Yes, my son is now the proud owner of a BMW.  He LOVES this gift from his Uncle L and Aunt P.




Later in the day we gave him our gift.  It's the Radio Flyer 4 in 1 trike.  It can be used from 9m to 5 years old and you adjust it different ways as the child grows.

When you push the handle at the back, you can easily control the steering of the front wheel, which is so convenient!  I don't know how they did it, but the design is so cool.


Happy Birthday Little Mr.!!!!!!!!!  We love you!

We want to say a huge thank you to everyone who came to the party and helped us celebrate Little Mr.'s first birthday, it really meant so much to us!

4 comments:

  1. Swedish fish are my fave too--the first treat I remember my parents buying me. Your cakes look delicious and your party looks wonderfully planned. Got him good and celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun day and the little mr. did so well with all of the attention! He is adorable. Thanks for all of your work and for inviting us all to share the day! :)
    Oh, and have FUN ON YOUR TRIP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome party! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad the Lil' Mr. had a great day! I wish the rest of our family could have been there too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!