Thursday, February 5, 2009

Get the Show on the Road

Whoa! That was quite the break. Did you think I wasn't coming back? I almost thought so. The break was nice, but now I really need to get back into blogging and make sure I record all the memories that were made while my family was here visiting. Let's get the show on the road! The Mr. and I had six house guests for seven nights. It was therapy. We had a couple of days in nature therapy, a couple of days in retail therapy, a little bit of Wii therapy thrown in here and there, some friendship therapy and a little bit of food therapy for good measure. I think that pretty much covers everything!

It was such a fun time and I just want to thank my family so much for the visit. Now that the nine loads of laundry are done, our house is at least partially vacuumed and Petra has finally been walked enough that she no longer acts like she drank enough Red Bull to power a football team, I might be able to sit here long enough to upload some pictures and give some insight as to why I took such a nice long bloggy break. Their whole visit basically feels like a blur at this moment so I am thankful for photos that are in the right order. (Blogger uploading hint: upload everything completely BACKWARDS.)

Oh, and I will not apologize for the gazillion photos of Kitten. She is my niece and I love her, so it's justified.

Everyone arrived Monday evening (Jan. 26th) while The Mr. was at work. The van was unpacked, beds were dolled out and everyone settled in. Eventually Social Sister and I set up the Wii and the games began. I was so excited to see everyone that I don't really have any photos of that evening other than a few blurry ones. I do have a video of when Petra first met Kitten. It included something that looked a lot like a bowling ball hitting a pin, or an extremely hyper dog trying to hug a cat. Kitten is very brave though!

Kitten- check out those shoes. She definitely comes from a family of women who love their shoes.

Mmmm, lattés at Starbucks in Bellingham. What a nice relaxing way to start a day. This was my mom's birthday and you can read my sister's birthday post for her here. It includes one of my favorite pictures of her from when she was little and my grandma enjoyed using spray starch... on hair bows.

We decided to spend the day shopping, what better way to spend your mother's birthday than to take her shopping!? Retail therapy! The photos above and below were taken in Ross Dress For Less. I thought the clown was the scariest thing ever and had no clue why they were selling it. It seriously looked like something someones grandma made for them and they left behind. I thought it would be interesting to give it to kitten and see her reaction. Unfortunately she thought it was the cutest thing ever and gave it a hug right after I took this photo. *Shudder* It is amazing what you'll find at Ross!

The changing room mirrors kept her intrigued and the diaper bag made a perfect chair.

Later on at Bellis Fair Mall she succumbed to her drooping eyelids and napped in the stroller.

The results of our shopping. Well, some of them that is. There were some clothes and shoes too, of course.

After a birthday dinner for Mom of feta stuffed chicken, green beans, Parisienne salad and garlic mashed potatoes we played Wii Mario Kart.

Then Mom was surprised with a Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

The next morning we started off the day bright and cheery. Kitten's hairdo was sabotaged several times but her mom was able to somehow get it back to normal before we headed out to spend part of the day bowling in Ferndale, and then go to Canada to visit Aunt Hazel and from there, go to prayer meeting that evening in Richmond, BC.

I like bunlets.

Social Sister models perfect bowling form. All of the other bowling photos I took were blurred messes so maybe when Social Sister posts about the trip there will be some more over there.

High fashion!

After bowling, we ate lunch at Subway, where Kitten decided that spinach wasn't her thing.

But Grandma treated her to a cookie, which made her much happier!

Back at home, Kitten made a mad dash around the house as her mom was trying to get her ready for prayer meeting. Chucks and tights are quite the fashion statement!

While at Aunt Hazel's house, she showed us this little rabbit stuffie/pin cushion? Auntie Y, I don't know if you read this blog, but you should recognize this, as she said you sewed it for her long ago. :)

Kitten reading a Beatrix Potter pop up book to The Mr., the book survived the ordeal but did need a little TLC in the form of tape.

That evening after prayer meeting we went to Tim Hortons with friends. Here is Drooler and his mess. To watch a video of the kids interacting click here. Drooler's version of Peek-a-Boo is cute.

The rest of these photos are just random shots from throughout the trip. Yes, all of them are of Kitten except for one. I figured since they were already uploaded, I would just make this post gargantuan and just get it all posted at once. Enjoy!

"Hmm, can I put my hat on by myself?"

"I can!"



Kitten modeling The Mr's glasses after our morning bible reading around the breakfast table.

Jolly took this photo in the car on Lord's Day morning.





The photos above and below are some of the ones Jolly took while I was filming the video of Petra and Kitten.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! And Yes, Kitten is cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back, looks like you all had a great time! Kitten is too cute, love the hairdos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Kitten is so darling. Love the handbags. :-) Love shoes too... my kids are inheriting that one also. The pic of Kitten trying spinach made me laugh so hard... so cute! Reminded me of the first time Kiki tried spinach... she could hardly talk at all yet at the time, she pulled it out of her mouth, looked at it in great disgust, and said, "Is this even edible?" I nearly fell over in shock.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!