Tuesday, January 9, 2007

R&R

R&R can stand for rest and relaxation, but in this case it also stands for Uncle Rob and Aunt Ruth. We stayed in their home from Thursday through Saturday night and they were more than hospitable. Their place is so relaxing and we felt very at home there. Thursday night, Uncle R grilled steaks on the BBQ for us and they were delicious. Uncle R spent quite a while trying to flip a steak with some poky contraption, but finally let in and used the nice flat spatula that was fetched for him by yours truly. The two men stood discussing something around the BBQ until the steaks were medium-rare. I wonder if it had anything to do with proper utensil usage?

Behind their house, there is a commons area with ponds. There are fancy little waterfalls, gardens and rockeries. While we were there, we saw several different types of birds, including a Road Runner, Egret and a Hummingbird. I was standing on the back patio taking photographs of these flowers and this little guy flew right into my sights and posed for me. I have never seen a hummingbird sit so still! It was a treat to see and hear the bird when I was so close. They are the tiniest, prettiest little birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day, thank you!