Monday, January 29, 2007

Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd.... or shall I say, IKEA!

On Wednesday, I usually hang out with a little baby and his mommy. I haven't thought of a good nickname for mommy yet, but let's call her son Drooler - (for obvious reasons!) Last Wednesday, I decided to drag Drooler and his mommy to one of my favorite stores on Earth. IKEA! Actually, I asked and they took me there, so it was voluntary on their part. I love that store. Really. Anyone who wants to learn how to make their home more beautiful, simple and less cluttered should take a walk through IKEA at least once a year. It's like a museum, or looking through a nice modern decorating book with a twist. My birthday is September 27th and I am sure they sell gift cards. (Maybe it's a little early to start hinting- let's see.... eight months?)

These two photographs are just two examples of what I picked up. The table center to the right is composed of liquefying candles, votive holders and a woven grass placemat I wanted to pick up last time I was there but didn't. That was over a year ago and they still carried it. I love how their style is so classically modern that they can get away with carrying the same items over and over. I like how they mix contemporary and classic. Another item that was on my wish-list from the last trip was a lantern - I got black, and it looks like wrought iron. This is not all I got either, some of the items were on sale, so I decided to splurge.

I also got these spice jars for the top of my stove. There has never been anything that lives up there, and I wasn't sure at first, but I like it. They hold the spices I usually have to go all the way to the pantry for, because I buy them in bulk Costco sizes. It doesn't really make sense to store your most used spices in a pantry.

Financed by Drooler's Mommy, we ate dinner at the IKEA restaurant, later had frozen yogurt at the Bistro, then Starbucks (mm.... Cinnamon Dolce Latte) then Prayer Meeting....... it was a long day.

So that's all folks. Tune in next time!

4 comments:

  1. i love Ikea!! its my favourite store :) the last time I was there a picked up some cool pillows and a cute super-cheap lamp for $6!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lamp was $6, pillows not included...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LK loves IKEA! She's always wanting to drag her parents there and help them spend their money.

    Call him "V" Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny!

    Thanks for the comments guys. I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!