Monday, December 18, 2006

Mt. Baker

The photo to the left was taken the morning of December 2nd. Phone Guy had called us on December 1st, wondering if we would like to take a little trip with him and Princess It was very last minute, but we ended up finding a condo to rent up on Mt. Baker. Sallad & Grace joined us, since the condo boasted it slept 7. We arrived Friday evening, late enough that by the time we had all talked, unpacked, practically tossed coins over sleeping arrangements (they were sparse), ate a snack and laughed a lot, it was 2 am. We had a whole day of snowboarding ahead of us, so we called it a night.

The next morning we woke up bright and early. Phone Guy cooked us scrambled eggs, which was more than a certain Chatty Housewife would have done on such a morning. Usually a quick bowl of cereal is gobbled down, snow clothes and equipment are grabbed and we are out the door. We were all looking forward to the snow, as Mt. Baker had just that week set new local snowfall records. As you can see from the photographs, it was a beautiful clear day. The temperature was perfect for nice smooth boarding, the lift lines were short and no one forgot anything crucial behind. (I am thinking back to the time I forgot my snow pants - thanks for lending me yours Dad! You must have been frigid.)

Phone Guy, Princess, Sallad and Grace met us for lunch at noon and the lodge was a zoo! I think in the future we will try and plan lunch closer to 1 o'clock. After lunch, Grace and I spent a little time together. It was only her second time snowboarding and she was doing terrific. I was quite impressed that she was able to start carving - something it took me a whole ski season to learn over in good ol' Saskatchewan. (Check it out - they got their first real lift!) Overall, it was a beautiful day, everyone had a lot of fun and thankfully no one got hurt.


  1. Sounds like a fun day, but I can't see your first picture nor one of the other ones.

  2. The photos should be back up now! :) There is some sort of a glitch. I can see them, but you can't, then the next day neither of us can. Hopefully I can contact someone and get it all sorted out. Thanks for letting me know though!


Your comments make my day, thank you!