Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever

 
The Mr. takes a lunch to work five days a week, so keeping the cupboard stocked with desserts to go with those lunches is not always easy. I struggle with keeping things fresh. An entire batch of cookies or a cake can't be stored in the cupboard till it gets eaten, because it will go stale long before that. To solve this problem, I make the items anyways and divide the plunder into four. Costco sells gallon sized Ziploc freezer bags, so I always have a great freezer storage solution on hand. Three portions of the dessert go into the freezer, and voilà- "fresh" desserts throughout the next few months.

Today it's cookie baking day and I would like to share with you my "top secret" recipe. I'd like to be able to say that it has been handed down many generations and that it is the highest quality, superb tasting peanut butter cookie I have ever had, but it's actually just the recipe off the back of Jif peanut butter. It is superb though!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Cream together:

1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar, packed
1 c butter, softened
1 c peanut butter

Add and mix well:

2 eggs
1/4 c milk
2 tsp vanilla

Mix together, then add slowly to wet mixture:

3 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

After mixing the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, add as many chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (opt.) as you can stir in. If there is more dough than chocolate, try harder. ;) Form cookies on baking sheets by rolling into balls or using spoons to make walnut sized cookies, and flatten slightly. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.

Cookies should be soft. Move cookies to cooling rack to cool. Variation: Skip the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Roll dough into balls, bake as directed. After baked, press one Hershey's kiss into the center of each cookie. Return to oven for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. ok i want some cookies now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! I'm able to post a comment here! I've tried numerous times since I noticed your blog on Tuesday, but for one reason or another it wasn't working. I think this recipe looks way better than the one I've been using out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Thanks for posting it. I'll definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!