Thursday, January 21, 2010

Malibu and Indio

I'm going to stop labeling these California trip posts by days, since the days are all blurring into each other in my mind. I am more interested in posting the photos, than I am in figuring out what was when and so forth.

After the conference, there was a beach party for all to attend. The weather was awesome and it was cooperating just in time, as the days before had been grey and cool. The beach party is traditionally held at Zuma Beach, in Malibu California. If you click on the link, there are cameras that are interesting to look at. As I am writing this, it is raining in Malibu which is good for the plants and bad for the locals, as they say they melt in rain. :)

I took my old Kodak camera with me so that I could snap some beach photos without worrying about wrecking my Canon. My Kodak is old only because I took it on this beach last time we were here, and sand worked its way in behind the lens. I hope I learned my lesson.

Driving towards Malibu.

A hymn sing and Bible talk on the sand.

Beautiful waves. I love when you can see light shining through the waves and the spray coming off the top.


I love all the angles in this photo.


Look at that sky, we couldn't have asked for more.

Seashell bits and pebbly sand, up super close.


The newly-engaged couple, Knittery's oldest and my cousin Nate!


Caroline and Jill are such good friends.

A silly young peoples game. You hold hands in a circle and start moving clockwise as fast as you can while trying to get one of the members of the circle to touch the garbage can or item in the center. A lot of yanking and pulling and dizziness and jumping and falling. Out of all of these people, my cousin Janell won! She beat all the big tough guys!

So close! Look at that guy on the right pulling and leaning as hard as he can so he doesn't touch the garbage can. I don't think I would want to touch it either!


A bloom on some sort of low lying succulent. The ground near our truck was covered with them.

Taken from the car at a stop light. So calming!

A lot of lights. We left the beach mid afternoon in order to make our way to Indio, CA and visit R&R. You can read that last bit as "rest and relaxation", or Uncle R and Aunt R! :)

If you "go to meeting" you will find what this Mini Cooper is advertising in the lower right corner kind of funny.

We found our Uncle and Aunt's place in Indio and since it was late already, we took them out for dinner, to a place of their choice. They chose Fisherman's Market, which is trendy and fun. It is a walk through and order style of restaurant and then you get a number, which matches with your reserved seating. When you are standing in line they ask how many members are in your party and then go reserve a seat for you, it works great. Look at that amazing menu above... how can you choose?!

They have over ten different types of fish and chips!

Our food was so yummy and the service was great. They catered to my gluten-free needs very well, substituting a large salad for the unsafe side items in my Cajun tilapia dinner. I would love to go back over and over, but alas, they do not have any locations anywhere close to us here in Washington.

9 comments:

  1. Cracks me up that skinny little Nell won that game... it might be because she has practice shoving Garrett around every Sunday. :-)Love the go to meeting sticker. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks amazing--sea food is absent here in Idaho. That garbage can game made me want to throw up thinking of all the nastiness they were touching! But at least they had fun : ) You got some cute pictures of Caroline and Jill together, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks amazing--sea food is absent here in Idaho. That garbage can game made me want to throw up thinking of all the nastiness they were touching! But at least they had fun : ) You got some cute pictures of Caroline and Jill together, thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you guys had really good weather at the beach! Makes me sort of wish we had gone. Thanks for the post by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting conference & post-conference photos for those of us who wish we'd been there! (I've seen the gotomeeting.com ad and thought it was pretty funny.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "GoToMeeting" - LOL! that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, love the beach photos! Makes me wish for summer! Looks like a fun time all right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great photos! Wish I were somewhere warm and sunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't melt in the rain Chatty...our hills just slide! So fun to see your pictures...Brock thought that it was really great that you put in that picture of him in the last post...what a nut eh?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!