Friday, July 18, 2008

Leftovers

Well, this is just what the title says. All the left over photos that didn't really belong in the other posts. :) This post concludes the series of our trip to Regina. Enjoy!

First up is Kitten of course. Playing with the $2 garage sale find that I mentioned here. It just brought back so many memories that I had to buy it. I am sure it is rare and worth a lot of money (....or not.)


I love how her little face is reflected in the mirror.

Ok, second is the knitted squares hat. When you are in a park knitting squares for a blanket and it gets dark and cold, take comfort in knowing that you can quickly stitch three of those aforementioned squares together, pin the top back like a flap with a bow of coordinating yarn, add some crochet chain ties for under the neck and voila, you have a beautiful baby hat. Ok, so maybe it's not that beautiful, but it sure makes for a great photo of a very confused looking baby.
"Why is everyone staring at me and laughing?"

Close up of the flap.

Nice and warm!

Thirdly, we have the sticky note love. I love sticky notes, so when I saw this one, I had to snap a photo of it. It says "Mmmm, food."



And last but not least, I give you a photo I title "hair blowing in the wind and drool dripping from the chin- the perfect way to cool off on a too-hot day."

"Ahhhh.... this is the life!"

5 comments:

  1. I must have been pretty young at the time, but I remember you guys having one of those. It was one of my favorite toys at your house! That and the elephant scooter with the seat that opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I totally forgot about the elephant. His nose was actually a ring toss too, until we ripped it off. I get all teary thinking of that thing! What I would really love to find is the yellow café table with the two red/orange bear chairs. Do you remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh your little one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Retro Housewife! Thanks for stopping by. I must explain though, that the little one "kitten" is not mine no matter how hard I wish so! :) She is my sister's little girl who I very much love. I agree that she is very cute, and that must be why I post so many photos of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to have one of those toys that Kitten was playing with in the first pictures! -I had forgotten about it until I saw this post! They really keep kids busy! :) And good quality, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!