Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's a Girl! *updated

Drooler has a little sister! She arrived within the first few minutes of yesterday if I understand things correctly, and within 30 minutes from their arrival at the hospital. Talk about cutting it close! I haven't met her yet, and I have barely said a word to, or heard a word from the little baby girl's parents so I will update this post once I have more information. The Mr. and I are heading over there tomorrow to meet her for the first time and I am so excited. (I removed at least 1/2 of the exclamation points in this post before posting it...) I have heard she is beautiful, really good and "such a doll." :) I guess the parents and Drooler are doing great too because they were at meeting today!

Update: Monday, June 2

As I type this, there is a little baby girl on my lap hiccuping away. It is so cool to finally meet her. Every time the chair squeaks or I hit a particularly loud key on the keyboard she flails around until I wrap her tightly and rub her temple. What is it about brand new babies that is just so amazing? God has given our friends such a beautiful gift in this little girl. She is on her third day of life outside the womb and already you can see her little personality starting to bloom.

Stats:
name: Baby Cake (that's a direct quote from Drooler)
birthday: Saturday, May 31, 2008
weight: 8 lbs 10 oz
length: 22 1/2"

Since I am at Drooler's house at the moment, I'll steal borrow some photos off their computer to show you... enjoy!

I love Drooler's sucked in cheek for this little kiss between siblings.


8 comments:

  1. Congrats to Drooler and family!! I ws reading an earlier post of yours and was surprised to hear it was H.'s due date already. So glad to hear she's here!! Will be waiting for pictures!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to congratulate them for me! Also let Heidi know i'm disapointed she didn't hold out until my birthday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. or my birthday :) lol. cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stats should read: Saturday, MAY 31st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ioi! I can't believe I didn't notice that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would seem logical to let the people that are bringing the children into this world announce the birth. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anonymous, I am sorry you feel that way. I have always asked permission from parents before posting a birth announcement. How is this any different than the hospital website, or a newspaper announcement? I would have rather spoken to you in private about this matter, but as you have left your comment as anonymous, there is no way to contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Anonymous;
    If you don't want to identify yourself with something you say, maybe that's a indication it shouldn't be said. As Kate's parents we so very much appreciate dear Aunt Chatty's great love and care for our little ones, and very much don't appreciate you being a wet blanket on her and our excitement.

    Thanks Chatty for posting about our baby, please don't be discouraged by people like that, and keep posting about her and drooler whenever you want to! =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!