Monday, March 10, 2008

Petition

If you used to homeschool, currently homeschool or might possibly want or need to homeschool in the future, sign this petition. It is a petition to keep home schooling your children legal in the state of California. They are trying to change the law to say that only an adult with a teaching degree can teach their children at home, and only for the grades or subjects that they have a degree for. The fact that homeschooling might become illegal scares me because I have always liked the fact that it would be an open option in the future. I can imagine how this will spread across North America if it passed in California.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I heard about this on the radio the other day! Kinda scary, since so many families homeschool, and if the Lord leaves us here and we have kids, I'd love to homeschool also. Ever since the beginning of this country, many have homeschooled, including some of our presidents - I doubt the law will go through, and if it does, it won't be for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!