Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Lot of Memories

For a couple of weeks, I had been working on a secret project that is now FINISHED! The Mr. was working long overtime summer hours at work and while he was out of the house, I had time to scrapbook. The scrapbook is about our courtship and starts at Burbank conference, December 2000 and ends shortly before our wedding in April 2002. While I was going through all the photos, momentos, letters and journal entries in order to build a proper time line, I was overwhelmed with memories. It was such an exciting time in my life, and looking back on it all one can see how the Lord really led us into a deeper love and appreciation for each other. The scrapbook is finished now, and sits of the shelf so that we can look at it whenever we want. It will be a nice thing to have in the years to come, as life gets busier it will remind us of those "fluttering heart" days of an early relationship.

4 comments:

  1. What fun, you must be good at saving stuff. It's only about two years ago for us but I don't think I could remember every thing! We do still have most our emails and some pictures. That sounds like a great project, I didn't know you scrapbooked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's sounds like a really neat thing to scrapbook about. I wish I had done that for my husband and I. It's hard enough getting the first year done for my kids. I finished Mischievos about a month before I had Little Miss Priss. I'm only to about 4 months on Little Miss Priss's scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did one of those...7 1/2 yrs ago when we started to date and kept adding to it for the three and a half years we dated, something that if I had left to now I would never remember any of it, how, oh, how could you remember stuff from yrs ago??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna- I didn't remember all of it, I had a journal back then! I just read the journal and it filled in the blanks for me. Dates, memories, specifics. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, thank you!